We are open - safety is our top priority!
Dental Extraction and Root Canal Therapy
Cosmetic dental surgeries sound much daunting than they really are. Most dental surgeries consist of procedures like tooth extraction, gum reshaping, dental implants, root canal, etc. Whether it is just an extraction, or a root canal therapy, it is extremely important to consider your comfort when you are at the dental clinic.
A dental extraction is nothing but tooth pulling. This is one of the best and straightforward ways to get rid of a toothache or tooth decay. This process involves removing the tooth from its bone socket. This is considered simple because it doesn’t involve a high risk surgery that goes on for hours together. The dentist just gives a local anesthesia to numb your gums before starting the extraction process. The time taken for the process will usually depend on the tooth that needs to be pulled out. After the dental extraction is completed, a cotton ball will be places in your mouth and your dentist will ask you to bite on and you will be free to go.
However, root canal therapy is one of the scariest dental surgeries. Root canal is mainly caused due to severe mouth or teeth infections, diseases that damage the pulp beyond repair or severe trauma in the tooth. Well, this is not something that comes up overnight. If cavities are not treated on time and properly, it can decay the tooth, eventually leading to pulp damage. For most dental decays, if root canal therapy is not performed timely, it is likely that infection might occur. It will consequently affect the bone socket and in a few cases, the tooth might need to be extracted.
Well, whichever dental surgery you might have to undergo, it is necessary that you are well prepared for it. But the major concern is how can you prepare for a dental surgery?
- Make sure you talk out every single thing with the dentist. This means, you ask him about the entire procedure and the medication that will be required during and after the surgery is performed. This will ensure you are ready with things needed in the surgery.
- Talk about your concerns and fears to the dentist. This will help you get rid of the nervousness during the dental surgery. It might also clear certain misconceptions you have had previously. This might also let the dentist know what kind of anesthesia to give you while you are being operated.
- Make sure you have arranged for the transportation to and from the clinic. It is necessary that you also make some arrangements for post-treatment care.
- After the dental surgery is over, make sure that you follow all the instructions properly and take utmost care of your teeth.
- Plan for an ideal recovery. Prepare that space you will need to recover soon from the surgery. Make sure you have everything you need, from books and DVD’s to music and magazines that will help you relax and recovery soon.
You can search for some good dentists as well as dental clinics online. Check for every detail that can be your concern before you decide the dentist and dental clinic to undergo dental extraction or root canal therapy.